DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Anthem Community Council’s part-time Special Events Assistant provides support to the Special Events Manager. This is a highly visible and responsible position that requires outstanding communication, follow-through, and organizational skills. The Special Events Assistant must be flexible and dependable, and able to work independently or in a team setting.
This position will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of planning, coordinating, and implementing large-scale, community special events. The position must provide the highest levels of customer service and support to residents and guests. Duties will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Responsible for ongoing communication with vendors via phone and email: answering questions, promoting the event, working out logistics, and processing registration and confirmations for vendors.
- Interacts with vendors, staff, and contractors, providing the highest levels of communication and customer service to all
- Assists with day-to-day event planning and preparations for event activities, set up, tear down, and event management. Assists in researching, planning, and coordinating effective community-wide special events
- Assists with managing volunteers working at special events
- Communicates event details, internally and externally; works as a team with other departments to solicit full support for event needs
- Works to promote events through proactive marketing and presentation to the public. Collaborates with other departments to ensure positive public relations.
- Responsible for actively researching, identifying, and recruiting potential arts and crafts vendors or business vendors, and screening potential candidates
- Performs a variety of physical tasks including moving event equipment, event set up and tear down, organizing, inventorying, and cleaning event supplies.
- Must be able to safely and confidently operate motorized vehicles during the event; i.e. Mules, vans, golf carts, etc…
- Other duties as assigned by the Special Events Manager.
- Education: A minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Previous experience in a related position preferred
- Must have an aptitude for detail, and highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and possess strong keyboarding and telephone skills
- Schedule This is a part-time/variable hour position. Hours may range from 15 to 20 hours per week initially and then increase as each event gets closer and maybe 40 hours per week for a couple of weeks around each event. The hours can include evenings and weekends for the weeks close to or during an event. The selected applicant must be able to work a flexible range of hours and days. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Work location– primarily the Anthem Civic Building; outdoors and on-site at special events
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Perform physical activities (which may be for extended periods of time) that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, with a full range of motions including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, and carrying
- Position requires an ability to exert a minimal force of up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds of force to move or lift objects
- Must be able to transport oneself not only around the office but around the community facilities and grounds
- Customer Service (internal/external) - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control
- Verbal Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and grammar
- Hours are primarily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. Must also be available to work extended hours to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and Anthem signature events as necessary to ensure proper execution of Special Events and building security support.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license
- Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities that are required
This position reports to the Special Events Manager
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled