facilities master plan
The Facilities Master Plan (FMP) helps to identify and prioritize quality of life projects that could be funded, designed and built in the next three years or more.
Past FMP and Enhancement Fund projects included the completion of Opportunity Way Park in 2016. View Historical FMP documents.
Dates for the following projects are tentative and subject to detailed design work, County plan review, construction bidding, staffing and funding capacity, etc.
community center remodel
- The project was completed in May 2018.
- The project was completed in January 2019.
- The project was completed in November 2019.
- Membership is open. Complete these forms and make an appointment at the Community Center (623-879-3011) to complete this step. Through the end of 2019, first year membership (through 2020) is discounted to $30.
- The Board selected the Meridian Drive dog park site at the June 2018 meeting; the Board saw a first concept design at its Sept. 26, 2018 meeting.
- The Board approved the final site design and Guaranteed Maximum Price at the January 2019 meeting; construction is underway, with project completion expected by 2020.
- User fees, use guidelines/rules, registation process and operating hours were approved at the May 22, 2019 Board meeting. Learn more about these topics.
skate park expansion
- Pre-construction planning to begin in third quarter of 2019, with project completion in 2020-21.
- Shade structures and benches were added to the existing Skate Park late 2017.