duties and responsibilities
In this part-time, variable-hour position, the selected applicant(s) will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for infants and children through structured and unstructured activities. Responsibilities may also include working in other areas of the Community Center.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with residents and their children in a friendly and professional manner
- Engage children in interactive activities that may include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing, and games
- Monitor and interact with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, sports equipment, other children, and surroundings
- Clean and maintain the Adventure Club area
- Supervise children when outside on playground
- Articulate extensive knowledge of children’s activities, programs and services, policies, and procedures
- Maintain a safe environment for children placed in his/her care
- Ensure that established policies and procedures are enforced
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintain accurate time card activity
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Education: A minimum two years of High School completed or equivalent, previous experience in a related position helpful
- Experience: Experience with children in an organized program setting highly preferred
- Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age
- Hours: Must be able to 8 a.m.-noon at least three days each week, and the schedule can include holidays.
- Location: Anthem Community Center, 41130 N. Freedom Way
- Pay rate: $13/hour
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, tennis courts, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced or resident prices.
This position reports directly to our Children’s & Family Programs Supervisor.
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled