DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Electrician/Maintenance Technician III will work under the direction of the Facilities Managers and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great. The candidate must have a complete understanding of all infrastructure of Parks and Facilities and knowledge of all areas of maintenance. We are seeking individuals with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience who hold themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do. The candidate should have experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems in the low voltage (100-600v range). This position will also require being the point person in charge of departmental work activities when the Managers are not on duty.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment
- Consistently demonstrates regular/dependable attendance and punctuality
- Maintains an accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster and block
- Performs routine painting
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lockout/tag out procedures
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure the cleanliness of park facilities, as needed
- Provides routine set up and break down for special events, as directed
- Knows how to perform all P&F special event tasks with limited direction
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping and landscaping irrigation components
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor or Lead Tech
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting
- Performs more complex renovation work involving plumbing, minor electrical (troubleshooting circuits and wiring; pump installations up to 480 volts; lighting ballast changes; breaker replacement; conduit bending), HVAC, carpentry and painting
- Performs all startup operations and troubleshoots Liberty Bell and Adventure Splash pads
- Independently diagnoses/repairs lake pumps, entry falls and splash pad pumps
- Responds to emergencies and alarms; requires familiarization with fire alarm systems
- Notifies Facilities Supervisor when supplies, chemicals and equipment needs to be ordered
- Stays in touch with and helps out other crew members during assigned shifts
- Serves as the main point of contact, assigns work and ensures maintenance duties are performed to quality standards in the absence of the Director and Supervisor
- Repairs/replaces electrical or mechanical parts, icemakers, A/C units and pumps using technical testing equipment and methodology
- Conducts independent research to find the right parts and equipment at the best price
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots mechanical problems and contacts vendors to perform emergency repairs that cannot be done with in-house staff
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- A strong work ethic, a friendly/team-oriented work style, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to multitask, solid attendance record, ability to lead by example and exercise good judgment, adhere to ACC policies, procedures, and the Anthem Way Values.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record are required.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to workload and activity levels.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is required, or must be obtained within the first 90 days.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are required; other maintenance or recreation-based certifications such as Certified Playground Safety Inspector are required, or must be obtained within the first 90 days.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; AA or some college is preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant OSHA safety requirements is required
- Experience: At least five (5) years of work experience in facilities maintenance, construction, trades or related maintenance work; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance is essential; experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools and equipment is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook
- Candidate must be able to prioritize his own workload and adjust his tasking to address electrical concerns based on safety, efficiency and cost considerations.
- Candidate must understand and follow local NFPA 70 requirements
- Candidate must have experience in Single and 3 Phase equipment and systems
- Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical issues using standard electrical testing equipment such as Multi-meter, “wiggy” and toning devices.
- Ideal Candidate will have experience maintaining and repairing Site lighting, 3 phase pumps and motors and troubleshooting commercial electrical equipment and systems.
Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
A benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off/paid sick time and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full-time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Email: email@example.com | Fax: 623-742-6170
- US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Posting date: 3/22/2021 | Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled