DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this part-time/variable-hour position, the camp counselor staff will supervise and lead recreational/educational activities for children ages 5 through 12. Children participate in daily activities such as arts & crafts, swimming, rock wall climbing, gym games, and outdoor games. The selected applicant(s) will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for children through structured and unstructured activities. ACC employees must be willing to follow the Anthem Way, a statement of our values. The position will begin May 24 and continue through July 30.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care
- Assists in providing structured activities for children in program of focus
- Ability to actively engage in activities with the children which will include sports activities, water activities in the pool, safely harnessing children for the rock wall and monitoring
- Keeps accurate attendance records
- Keeps accurate Incident Reports and reports them immediately to the Program Manager
- Enforces camp policies regarding conduct and daily operations (opening duties, closing duties, etc.)
- Models all skills in arts & crafts, specialty, sports, etc. in a fun, positive and non-competitive manner
- Maintains discipline during each activity. Reports to lead or Program Manager repetitive or extreme discipline matters
- Supervises lunch and snack activities and ensures the cleanliness of the area
- Interacts in a professional manner with employees, participants and their parent(s) and/or guardians
- Maintains the cleanliness and accurate inventory of all applicable areas
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintains accurate time card activity
- Ensures that state licensing policies and procedures are enforced and followed
- Must be physically able to safely play with children in swimming pool activities, which includes physically being in the water with the children.
- Must be physically able to watch and aid children on the indoor rock wall with 45 pounds of weight resistance
- Executes emergency action plans in event of an emergency which can include performing first aid functions and emergency care until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Education: A minimum of High School completed or equivalent
- Experience: Experience with children in an organized program setting highly preferred; Knowledge of objectives and principles of administration of public recreation programs helpful.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position
- Preferred: CPR & First Aid certifications (current), Arizona Fingerprint clearance card level one, a health care provider’s signed statement saying employee is free from TB, dated w/in 3 months of start date
- Work location: Anthem Community Center –41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
- References – must be able to provide at least 2 references that have knowledge of you working with children (babysitting references are okay)
$13 per hour; Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week (maximum hours will vary). Must be able to work part-time hours between the hours of 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and the community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to our Children’s Program Manager.
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
- US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Posting date: 3/12/2021 | Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled