, Anthem’s annual arts & crafts festival, will be Oct. 21-22. Breathing new life into an old favorite is always a good thing. So this year, the ACC will be unveiling a new component to Autumnfest – a garden featuring scarecrows built by individuals/families, churches/nonprofits and organizations ($10 to enter), and Anthem-based storefront or home-based businesses ($20 to enter).
Here’s what to expect. Scarecrows must:
• Be family-friendly (so, not too scary!);
• Be weather and wildlife-resistant (javelinas love pumpkins);
• Be free standing (or sitting);
• Not include torches or any kind of fire element;
• Not include political messages; and
• Fit in a 4’x6’ space.
Additional criteria apply. Scarecrow entry/setup will take place Friday, Oct. 20 from 3-6:30 p.m. in Community Park (near the Chair Ramada). Autumnfest-goers may cast their vote for their favorite scarecrows on Saturday, Oct. 21, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; winners in each category will be announced and awarded prizes at 4 p.m. Deadline to enter is Oct. 11. Get those creative juices flowing!
Enter the Scarecrow contest now!