July 3, 2017 | 6-10 p.m.
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Thousands of people Valley-wide come together to celebrate the annual Anthem Independence Day Celebration. Along with the traditional fireworks display, fun rides, activities and festival food, families bring blankets and lawn chairs and sit back to enjoy the spectacular event.
The annual event includes:
- Food vendors
- Water slides, rides and inflatables (see below)
- Fireworks finale (9:30 p.m.)
- Free admission and parking
Puchase an “All-you-can-ride/bounce Bracelet” for an early bird price of $12 through July 2 at the Community Center; prices increase to $15 at the event (at the park, starting at 5:30 p.m.).
Tentative early closures on July 3:
- The Skate Park and Roller Hockey Rink at ACC Community Park close at 2 p.m. The Hockey Rink will reopen at 6 p.m. as a special needs viewing area only.
- The Community Center Lap Pool, Diving Well and Big Splash Water Park close at 3 p.m.
- The Community Center closes at 4 p.m. and all cars must be removed from parking lot by 4:30 p.m. (fallout zone for fireworks)
- Walkbridge between Community Center and Community Park closes at 2 p.m. For your personal safety, please use alternate access to Community Park.
- Areas surrounding the Community Center, including Soccer Fields #3 and #4, and foot bridge, are secured for the fireworks fallout zone. No access will be allowed. View restricted area map.
Traffic Control Plan:
- Community Park parking lot (middle and lower lots) will be closed all day, only allowing access to vendors and authorized personnel. They will reopen at 5 p.m. to the general public.
The Traffic Control Plan affects many of the community’s major roadways and side streets resulting in road restrictions, lane reductions and closures; the plan begins as early as 2 p.m.
- Anthem Way & Gavilan Peak Parkway have road restrictions, lane reductions and left or right turn lanes blocked off; bike lanes are closed with street parking permitted where designated.
- Memorial Drive, Whitman Drive, Freedom Way, Independence Way, Venture Court and several other nearby streets have restrictions.
- The first gated entry to the Country Club community will be closed for a brief time when the fireworks conclude.
Know before you go:
- In the Food court (Softball Field #4), no personal chairs, blankets, pop-up tents, coolers or other seating on the grass permitted.
- No personal fireworks or BBQ grills are permitted in the park at any time.
- It's best to park off-site and walk to the event due to heavy traffic.
- It's best not to bring pets, as they are easily frightened by the crowds and fireworks.
- Wear sunscreen until the sun goes down! Those Arizona temps are hot and blazing!
- Overflow parking will be available in the Boulder Creek High School parking lot, a short walk from the park.
- Ramadas are not available for rent on event day, and no “organized” gatherings or signage are permitted.
- No alcohol may be brought to the park. There is a beer garden with beverages for purchase in the Food Court.
Michele DeMichele, Special Events & Civic Building Operations Director
Debbie Pulido, Special Events & Civic Building Services Coordinator