The next event will be Oct. 7, 2017
Community Park lower parking lot
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
ANTHEM RESIDENTS ONLY
The Anthem Community Council will team up with Republic Services, ProShred, MCSO and other community partners to offer Anthem residents the opportunity to recycle electronics, personal documents, bulk cardboard, paint and other items.
The semi-annual Go Green event is at the Community Park lower lot, 41703 N. Gavilan Peak Pkwy. in Anthem. Attendees must show one form of proof of residency before items will be accepted.
Vehicles must be in line by noon to participate. Enter the lower lot from Freedom Way to Whitman Drive ONLY, then exit onto Gavilan Peak Parkway ONLY.
Republic Services will be on hand to recycle acceptable large appliances, electrical items, telecom, audio/visual equipment, and other paper, bulk trash and cardboard, plastic, metal and glass-based recyclable items. See complete list below.
ProShred will provide secure destruction of household sensitive materials including bank statements, check stubs and credit card offers. LIMIT of five banker-sized/computer paper boxes per person - residential only; no business documents.
List (tentative) of acceptable items:
- Computer Equipment: PCs, laptops, CRT monitors, modems, switches, hubs and routers, storage devices, main frames, servers, power supplies, tape libraries, circuit boards, power cords, printers, wire and cabling, surplus metals, mice, keyboards, hard drives, floppy, DVD and CD drives, etc.
- Point of Sale Equipment: credit card machines, printers, scanners, etc.
- Telecom Equipment: telephones, cell phones, switches, CSU/DSU multiplexing equipment, phone systems, answering systems, etc.
- Printing Equipment: printers, fax machines and copiers, calculators, typewriters and printer cartridges.
- Audio/Visual Equipment: televisions, stereos, radios, amplifiers, projectors, satellite and cable equipment, video equipment, VCRs, CD players, video game equipment, surveillance equipment, cameras, broadcasting equipment, communications equipment, etc.
- Batteries: alkaline, nickel cadmium, lead acid, lithium, etc.
- Electronic Components: Capacitors, diodes, resistors, transistors and integrated circuits, etc.
- Miscellaneous Electronic Items: test equipment, lab equipment, medical equipment (no radioactivity), cables and wire, connectors, ballasts, batteries, power strips, etc.
- Small Household Appliances: i.e. toasters, blenders, etc. Note that microwaves and items containing Freon will not be accepted.
- Bottled prescription and non-prescription drugs (MCSO).
- Latex and water-based paint, up to five gallons. Please be advised that the amount is determined by container (i.e. even if gallon containers are not full, it will be counted as a gallon).
- Bulk materials (i.e. cardboard, furniture, mattresses, panes of glass, etc.), excluding yard waste.
- Additional items that will be accepted include surplus metals, wire and cable (aluminum, copper wire, etc.), CFLs and other fluorescent bulbs.
The next event is scheduled for Oct. 7, 2017.