about anthemAnthem is an unincorporated master planned community in north central Maricopa County. It was founded by Del Webb in 1999 and initially built out in 2008. A new development will add 202 homes to the community by 2020.
It was awarded "Best Master Planned Community" in 2001, named one of Phoenix Magazine's "Best Family-Friendly Neighborhoods" in 2012 and awarded “Best Master Planned Community for Children” in 2016.
Anthem is home to residential, commercial, office, industrial and public uses, making it unique as a master planned community. From award-winning parks to quality landscaping, sports programs for all ages to trails, golf courses and more, Anthem is home to more than 27,000 residents and nearly 300 store-front businesses.
what is a master planned community?
Anthem is called a “master planned community” because it is self-contained and self-sustaining, allowing residents to share common resources and contribute to the common good of the community and region. Del Webb’s design philosophy can be seen in every detail of Anthem’s design plan, from the width of streets to the type of landscaping options, high number of recreational amenities to pre-set purposes of commercial plazas. After initial buildout, governance of the community was turned over to an executive staff and homeowner-led Board to carry Del Webb’s master plan forward.
governanceThree homeowners' associations manage the residential neighborhoods of Parkside, Country Club and The Village. Parkside extends across I-17 to the west, and is served by the City of Phoenix; the east side of the freeway is under the umbrella of Maricopa County.
anthem by the numbers
- 27,000 residents (approx.)
- 10,171 homes (additional new builds complete by 2020)
- 3 homeowners’ associations
- 2 senior living communities
- 5,920 acres (9.25 sq. miles) of land
- 15 miles of walking, biking and pedestrian trails
- 60 acres of turf
- 350 acres of desert landscaped area
- 1,400 acres of protected washes and open space
- 20,000+ trees
- 4.4 million sq. ft. of common walls and view fences
- $78,834 median household income
- 38.3 years median resident age
- $273,552 average price of homes sold (Parkside)
- 17 miles to Phoenix (south to the 101 loop)
- 120 miles to Flagstaff (via I-17N)