The Community Center is home to an aquatics park, open year-round only to residents with an active membership, their authorized guests, and approved competitive swim and diving teams.
The heated pool is open year-round; lifeguard schedules vary by season. In addition to recreational swimming, the pool is used for exercise classes, swim meets, lessons and special events. During lessons, the lap pool is closed for other uses. Holiday and seasonal hours apply.
The pool is equipped with a deep-water diving well and two diving boards, one low-dive and one high-dive. The Diving Well is only open when lifeguards are on duty unless noted; check pool schedule for details. Schedule is posted under "related documents." Holiday and seasonal hours apply.
big splash water park
Open seasonally for the summer, the water park features two water slides, an interactive play structure and the famed big, red bucket, which pours more than 200 gallons of water every four minutes. Hours vary based on season, lifeguard scheduling, programming and competitive swim activities. Holiday and seasonal hours apply.
A private, special needs hour is offered at the water park, Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. During this time, no music will be played over the sound system and lifeguards will be on duty.
Closed for the season.
View scheduled closures.
The Community Center staff uses Skyscan to track storms in the area and make decisions regarding closing or delay in opening the aquatics park facilities during inclement weather.
Per Maricopa County health code regulations, following any fecal incident in the water, the facility must be closed for cleaning to prevent spread of disease. The closures may last from 45 minutes to 24 hours, depending on the severity of the incident.
rules and regulations
- Only Coast Guard-approved life jackets can be worn in the aquatics park.
- If a child cannot swim 25 meters (the width of the pool), the parent must be within 10 feet. Even if the child is in a life jacket, parents must remain with arm’s reach.
- Coolers must be brought in through the main entrance and are subject to inspection by staff.
- Glass containers and alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- No food or drink, other than water, is allowed outside the designated food areas.
- Pop-up parties, decorating or moving/holding/reserving tables is not allowed.
- All forms of smoking and tobacco use is prohibited on ACC property.
- There is a ten-minute break every hour. These breaks are mandatory, and pool users must exit the water during the break.
View a complete list of ACC facility use guidelines and refer to signs posted throughout the aquatics park. As a reminder, the aquatics park is a private facility and not open to the public.