At its July public meeting, the ACC Board of Directors authorized a five-year contract extension with Republic Services for residential waste and recycling collection east of I-17 (west of I-17 is serviced by the city of Phoenix).
Key points of the contract renewal include:
- The monthly rate for residential curbside standard refuse and recycling services will remain at $18.63 through 2021, marking a period of four consecutive years with no rate increases for Anthem homeowners.
- The monthly rate will increase by 2% ($0.37-$0.40/mth.) per year in 2022-2025 as follows: $19.00 (2022); $19.38 (2023); $19.77 (2024); ending at $20.17 (2025).
- Continuation of once-per-week curbside pickup for trash and recycling bins (“same day service” convenience implemented in 2016).
- Continuation of every-other-month curbside bulk collection.
- Continuation of complimentary Christmas tree drop-off and twice-annual Go Green recycling events.
- (New) Annual $5,000 sponsorship commitment for ACC special events.
View the full staff memo to the Board from the July 22 meeting.