The Anthem Community Council (ACC) continues to closely follow events associated with the outbreak and spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and recommendations from local, state and federal government and public health officials.
In an effort to reduce the ongoing and increasing community spread of the virus, Governor Ducey issued an Executive Order on June 29, 2020 to close gyms and water parks, and limiting pool use through at least July 27. To remain consistent with the order, the following changes to operations are now in effect:
- The gym and fitness floor are closed.
- The Big Splash Water Park is closed.
- For programs/classes with associated fees that have been prepaid, refunds will be issued.
- Due to the short notice given by the Governor to comply with the Executive Order, the ACC will evaluate workforce issues, public health guidelines, and other factors regarding possible future uses of the pool.
- UPDATE JULY 2:
- Starting Saturday, July 4, the pool will reopen for daily open/family swim reservations. Registration is now open; please review the FAQs first. Occupancy, inclusive of swimmers and lifeguards/staff, must remain under 50.
- On Monday, July 6, lap lane use will resume. Reserve lanes beginning Saturday, July 4; please review the FAQs before making a reservation.
- Swim/dive teams will also be able to resume the week of July 6, with updated guidelines. Coaches will contact participants directly.
- Unfortunately, due to the inability to safely distance during instruction, swimming lessons are on hold for now.
- The pool will close briefly between each reservation block for sanitizing protocol to be completed.
- The Anthem Civic Building remains open, but residents are encouraged to make appointments whenever possible and limit time in the building.
- Essential ACC and HOA staff maintain business hours either on-site or remotely.
- Per the Maricopa County mandatory mask policy, all those in the building must wear masks, and are expected to maintain a distance of at least six feet.
- Programs/classes that are scheduled will continue unless otherwise posted, but will follow the above guidelines, as well as with limited occupancy based on the location of the program within the building.
- There are no changes to parks or outdoor amenities specifically outlined in the Executive Order.
- Residents are reminded to limit gatherings and maintain six-foot distancing when using outdoor amenities such as the skate park, courts, playgrounds, splash pads, etc.
The need to expand or modify this list and facility operations will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Should circumstances change – whether from new government mandates or based on use (gatherings of more than 50 people, etc.) – we will examine options necessary for the safety and well being of our residents and employees.
With questions regarding COVID-19, refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Arizona Department of Health Services, Maricopa County Department of Public Health, or contact your medical provider. Please stay home whenever possible, and continue to adhere to guidelines issued by public health officials in order to slow the spread of the virus.