DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business Services and Compliance Specialist works as a liaison between the community's businesses and the Community Council to educate and support non-residential property owners and businesses about Anthem standards and other policies relating to outdoor advertising, design issues, property maintenance, use restrictions and non-ACC special events. This position also performs field inspections to ensure compliance with the governing community documents. Further, this position also provides research and reporting on property data, contracts, best practices, and code regulations involving Maricopa County and the City of Phoenix within areas of Anthem.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with staff from Anthem HOA’s, Pulte, Maricopa County, City of Phoenix, and other agencies involving code compliance and non-residential land use issues.
- Acts as a liaison with and an advocate for the commercial and non-residential property owners and businesses in Anthem.
- Coordinates commercial architectural design process with businesses, design professionals, and City/County.
- Reviews architectural plans submitted to the ACC for compliance with the ACC Non-Residential Design Guidelines.
- Routinely inspects properties and commercial areas under the jurisdiction of the Anthem Community Council to identify and address signs and property conditions that are not in compliance with Anthem standards and pursues appropriate action to gain compliance.
- Works cooperatively and resourcefully with residents, property owners, managers, and tenants to explain compliance options and standards and achieve voluntary compliance.
- Maintains accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date records and documentation related to case assignments. Prepares reports, documents violations, issues notices and citations and photographs property conditions.
- Conducts research regarding appropriate standards, properties, and case histories.
- Represents the ACC at a variety of meetings and public functions to present information and gather feedback.
- Manages special projects relating to non-residential properties, area land use, design and sign guidelines and related issues.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Education: AA degree in a related field; relevant experience may substitute for education at a ratio of 1.5 to 1 (1.5 years’ experience = 1 year education).
- Training: A level of certification from Community Associations Institute, AMS, CAAM, CMCA or PCAM designation(s) or similar professional credential highly desirable.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years’ public contact experience, preferably in a code compliance context involving digital technology. Understanding of municipal documents, HOA and community governance documents, and an understanding of planned unit developments.
- Aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; strong work ethic and an ability to apply Anthem Community Council standards are required for the position.
- Knowledge of how to review architectural plans and apply design standards.
- Experience as a code compliance officer, architect, engineer, urban planner, public safety official or HOA employee are highly desirable.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a personal computer and various other routine business equipment items.
- Ability to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English so that various types of communication may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities both in-person and over the phone.
- Perform physical activities (possibly for extended periods of time) that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, with a full range of motions including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Position requires the ability to exert minimal force of up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds of force to move or lift objects.
- Must be able to work efficiently on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays.
- Must remain alert to working conditions and safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively with positive attitude and demeanor in an environment which may be stressful due to the nature of the position.
- Position will primarily be working indoors in a controlled climate but may include working in an outdoor setting throughout the year.
- Hours are generally Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Position will require some occasional evening or weekend hours, including weekend enforcement, attending Board of Director meetings, committee and external meetings, and special events.
- Primary work location is Anthem Civic Building; 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite 201 Anthem, AZ Field work throughout Anthem and the region is required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online OR
- Download and application, complete and attach a resume, and then
- Email: Jobswithanthem@anthemcouncil.com OR
- Mail: 3701 W Anthem Way, Suite 201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
The ACC is an EOE Employer
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled