DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounts Payable Clerk must be a detail-oriented accounting and business professional who will provide hands-on day-to-day interactions and processing of Anthem Community Council’s accounting and financial activities. The specialist must have the ability to prioritize and deliver accurate, appropriate, compliant, and timely work product. There will be specific assigned finance jobs as well as serving as a back-up to many finance processes.
- Performs all aspects of accounts payable (distribute electronic invoices, verify coding of incoming invoices, enter invoices in Caliber, schedule and process payments in Caliber, manage A/P Outlook correspondence).
- Responsible for sales tax reporting.
- Issues manual checks.
- Reconcile numerous credit card accounts.
- Generates 1099’s.
- Handles all new vendor applications.
- Maintains vendor/independent contractor files, W-9’s and COI’s.
- Must be able to effectively and frequently communicate with department managers to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Must possess strong understanding of A/P transactional impact to the general ledger.
- Performs all duties in compliance with GAAP and company policies.
- Will act as back-up for a variety of accounting processes which may include cash and account reconciliations; journal entries; etc.
- Must be accurate, responsible, and dependable with excellent follow-up skills.
- Other duties as assigned; needs within the department may change and scope of work assignments may change, even significantly.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent and or a minimum of three (3) years of progressive accounting experience that includes the above essential duties.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university preferred, with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Intermediate excel skills including basic to advanced formulas; strong software skills in Outlook.
- The ideal candidate has worked with a homeowner’s association and has experience with Caliber.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a personal computer, printer, facsimile machine, phone, and various other routine business equipment items.
- Ability to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English so that various types of communication may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities both in-person and over the phone.
- Perform physical activities (possibly for extended periods of time) that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, with a full range of motions including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Position requires the ability to exert minimal force of up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds of force to move or lift objects.
- Must be able to transport oneself around the office, facilities, grounds, and the community, as needed.
- Must be able to work efficiently on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays.
- Must remain alert to working conditions and safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively with positive attitude and demeanor in an environment which may be stressful due to the nature of the position.
- Position will primarily be working indoors in a controlled climate but may include working in an outdoor setting throughout the year.
Official hours are Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must also be available to be flexible and work additional hours to ensure proper execution of job responsibilities including attending Board of Director meetings, committee meetings, external meetings, special events, and non-traditional hours handling priority or emergency communications.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then
- Email: Jobswithanthem@anthemcouncil.com OR
- Mail: 3701 W Anthem Way, Suite 201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled