DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards.
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment.
- Consistently demonstrates regular / dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system.
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested.
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster, and block.
- Performs routine painting.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure cleanliness of park facilities, as needed.
- Provides routine set up and breakdown for special events, as directed.
- Knows how to perform all P&F special event tasks with limited direction.
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping, and landscaping irrigation components.
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and painting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Tech, Managers, Supervisors, or the Parks & Facilities Maintenance Director.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: One (1) year experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is required. A general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to workload and activity levels.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Pool Operator and Certified Playground Safety Inspector would be ideal, but not required. Certifications may be required within the first year of employment.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a personal computer, printer, facsimile machine, phone, and various other routine business equipment items.
- Ability to see well enough to read faint or partially obscured writing or printing.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English so that various types of communication may be conducted with people of various levels of education and capabilities both in-person and over the phone.
- Perform physical activities (possibly for extended periods of time) that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, with a full range of motions including walking, sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Position requires the ability to exert minimal force of up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 60 pounds of force to move or lift objects.
- Must be able to transport oneself around the office, facilities, grounds, and the community, as
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work efficiently on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes, and delays.
- Must remain alert to working conditions and safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively with positive attitude and demeanor in an environment which may be stressful due to the nature of the position.
- The position will primarily be working in an outdoor setting throughout the year.
Based on the needs of the department, work shifts may be Monday-Friday, Tuesday-Saturday, or Sunday-Thursday. Must also be available to work overtime as needed. Additionally, must be able to work on Anthem’s Special Events that may include Friday nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and some Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then
- Email: Jobswithanthem@anthemcouncil.com OR
- Mail: 3701 W Anthem Way, Suite 201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled