duties and responsibilities
This highly visible part-time, variable- hour position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining surveillance of patrons in the swimming pool area, including performing in rescue, emergency, and first aid situations; answering inquiries from the public; performing cleaning and sanitation duties; assisting in other duties in the Community Center.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the pool and around the facility
- Enforces pool rules and regulations
- Acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Performs rescue and first aid functions
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to the public regarding pool hours, activities, and events
- Cleans pool area and pool deck furniture maintaining them to county health and sanitary standards; removes garbage
- Documents accidents and other pool-related incidents according to Community Council requirements
- Participates in mandated training, including but not limited to, rescue skills, in-service training, and physical conditioning
- Cleans fecal incidents
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential functions of this position
- Education: Current SAI Star Guard certification required.
- Experience: Previous experience is helpful but not required.
- Skill sets needed: Must have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required for this position. Strong swimming skills and the ability to focus on the task at hand are a must
- Part-Time Hourly– Schedule is flexible and variable within our 7 day work week working mornings, afternoons, and evenings; some holidays, hours/schedules may vary. Applicants must be at least 15 years of age.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center – Lap Pool, 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, sports facilities, aquatics park with heated pool, and community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports to Tya Kuzov, Aquatics Manager.
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled