duties and responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician II will work under the direction of the Parks and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great. The candidate must have a complete understanding of all infrastructure of Parks and Facilities and knowledge of all areas of maintenance. We are seeking individuals with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience who hold themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment
- Consistently demonstrates regular/dependable attendance and punctuality
- Maintains accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster and block
- Performs routine painting
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lock out/tag out procedures
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure cleanliness of park facilities, as needed
- Provides routine set up and break down for special events, as directed
- Knows how to perform all P&F special event tasks with limited direction
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping and landscaping irrigation components
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor or Lead Tech
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting
- Performs more complex renovation work involving plumbing, minor electrical (troubleshooting circuits and wiring; pump installations up to 480 volts; lighting ballast changes; breaker replacement; conduit bending), HVAC, carpentry and painting
- Performs all startup operations and troubleshoots Liberty Bell and Adventure Splash pads
- Independently diagnoses/repairs lake pumps, entry falls and splash pad pumps
- Responds to emergencies and alarms; requires familiarization with fire alarm systems
- Notifies Facilities Supervisor when supplies, chemicals and equipment needs to be ordered
- Stays in touch with and helps out other crew members during assigned shifts
- Other duties as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director
- Experience: A minimum of two years of related trades, construction, and/or maintenance experience; valid driver license and clean driving record; experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is a plus; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent; AA or some college is preferred.
- A valid driver license and clean driving record is required.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification is required or must be obtained within first six months of employment
- CPR & First Aid certifications are required or must be obtained within first six months of employment; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Playground Safety Inspector are preferred or obtained within first six months of employment
- Knowledge of relevant OSHA safety requirements is required
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook
- Hours: Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to work load and activity levels.
- Location: ACC Parks & Facilities Maintenance (primary), and locations throughout Anthem including the Community Center, Civic Building, parks, and other amenities.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced or resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled