duties and responsibilities
This part-time, variable-hour position at the Community Center will help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for the residents and their guest. Additional duties will include educating and assisting residents with established procedures and policies, maintaining a safe, organized and clean environment.
- Monitors and interacts with residents and guest to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the exercise equipment and the exercise area, and gymnasium.
- Setup and breakdown of recreation activities in the gymnasium.
- Performs minor custodial duties, including wiping down machines, re-racking weights, and picking up discarded items.
- Cleans and maintains the area and other program areas by following the cleaning checklist and performing assigned tasks.
- Assists with opening/closing procedures as required.
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced, reporting any unsafe activity or conditions.
- Keeps accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Sport/Fitness Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Greets, acknowledges, and interacts with residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Promotes and suggest activities, programs, products and services.
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A minimum two (2) years of High School completed or equivalent, previous experience in a related position helpful.
- Experience: Experience with exercise equipment and previous experience in customer service highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required for this position.
- CPR, AED & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Hours: Will vary from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. within the 7-day workweek, and can include holidays.
- Location: Anthem Community Center, 41130 N. Freedom Way
benefitsACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions.
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: email@example.com OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled