duties and responsibilitiesIn this part-time, variable-hour position, the selected applicant(s) will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for infants and children through structured and unstructured activities. Responsibilities may also include working in other areas of the Community Center. Must be able to work morning shift, 8 a.m.–12:30 p.m., at least three (3) days each week and can include holidays.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with residents and their children in a friendly and professional manner.
- Engages children in interactive activities that may include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing, and games.
- Monitors and interacts with children to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the toys, sports equipment, other children, and surroundings.
- Cleans and maintains the Adventure Club area.
- Supervise children when outside on the playground.
- Articulates extensive knowledge of children’s activities, programs and services, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced.
- Keep accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager.
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Education: A minimum two (2) years of high school completed or equivalent, previous experience in a related position helpful.
- Experience: Experience with children in an organized program setting is highly preferred.
- Must have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Work location: Anthem Community Center –41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
salary$12.15 per hour.
benefitsACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced or resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to the Children & Family Programs Supervisor.
How to apply:
- Apply online OR
- Download an application, complete and attach a resume, and then:
- Email: email@example.com OR
- Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086 OR
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled