DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The part-time Maintenance Technician will work under the direction of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor and will perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great. This individual will primarily work in the preparations of sports fields and the preferred candidate will also have some entry level experience with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience. The right candidate holds themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do.
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment
- Consistently demonstrates regular/dependable attendance and punctuality
- Maintains accurate record of work performed using Facility Dude work order system
- Completes incident reports and other status reports for management, as requested
- Prepares sports fields using line painters and other equipment to meet quality and productivity expectations
- Performs basic repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster and block
- Performs routine painting
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lock out/tag out procedures
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure cleanliness of park facilities, as needed
- Provides routine set up and break down for special events, as directed
- Knows how to perform all special event tasks with limited direction
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping, and landscaping irrigation components
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, Supervisor, or Lead Tech
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and painting
- Other duties as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- A strong work ethic, a friendly/team oriented work style, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to multitask, solid attendance record, ability to lead by example and exercise good judgment, adhere to ACC policies, procedures, and the Anthem Way Values (Integrity, Respect, Quality Service, Initiative, Teamwork and Care/Pride).
- A valid driver license and clean driving record is required.
- Selected applicant must be available to work 20-25 hours per week. Primarily early morning shifts with the availability to work Saturdays and may include some holidays.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Pool Operator and Certified Playground Safety Inspector would be ideal, but not required.
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is a plus; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- Basic knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Basic knowledge of computers and Outlook
A benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off/paid sick time and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full-time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool, and the community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions.
Contact : This position reports to the Facilities Manager
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
- US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Posting date: 3/26/2021 | Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled