DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This highly visible part-time, variable-hour position is responsible for monitoring and maintaining surveillance of patrons in the swimming pool area, including performing in rescue, emergency, and first aid situations; answering inquiries from the public; performing cleaning and sanitation duties; assisting in other duties in the Community Center.
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the pool and around the facility
- Enforces pool rules and regulations
- Acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency
- Performs rescue and first aid functions
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to the public regarding pool hours, activities and events
- Cleans pool area and pool deck furniture maintaining them to county health and sanitary standards; removes garbage
- Documents accidents and other pool-related incidents according to Community Council requirements
- Participates in mandated training, including but not limited to, rescue skills, in-service training, and physical conditioning
- Cleans fecal incidents
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled
- Works in a safe manner and reports unsafe activity and conditions
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Current SGE certification required. (If red cross will need to do a cross-over training)
- Experience: Previous experience is helpful but not required
- Skill sets needed: Must have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required for this position. Strong swimming skills and the ability to focus on the task at hand are a must
- Work location: Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem, and all ACC parks and facilities
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and the community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to Scott Newell Aquatics Manager
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
- US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Posting date: 3/15/2021 | Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled