DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this part-time/variable-hour position, the camp counselor staff will supervise and lead recreational/educational activities for children ages 5 through 12. Children participate in daily activities such as arts & crafts, swimming, rock wall climbing, gym games, and outdoor games. The selected applicant(s) will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for children through structured and unstructured activities. ACC employees must be willing to follow the Anthem Way, a statement of our values. Lead counselors will be the first point of contact for assisting camp counselors, children, and parents.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Assists in providing structured activities for children in program of focus
- Ability to actively engage in activities with the children which will include sports activities, water activities in the pool, safely harnessing children for the rock wall and monitoring
- Keeps accurate attendance records
- Keeps accurate Incident Reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager
- Enforces camp policies regarding conduct and daily operations (opening duties, closing duties, etc.)
- Models all skills in arts & crafts, specialty, sports, etc. in a fun, positive and non-competitive manner
- Maintains discipline during each activity. Reports to Program Manager repetitive or extreme discipline matters
- Supervises lunch and snack activities and ensures the cleanliness of the area
- Interacts in a professional manner with employees, participants and their parent(s) and/or guardians
- Maintains the cleanliness and accurate inventory of all applicable areas
- Attends all staff meetings as scheduled
- Maintains accurate time card activity
- Ensures that state licensing policies and procedures are enforced and followed
- Must be physically able to safely play with children in swimming pool activities, which includes physically being in the water with the children.
- Must be physically able to watch and aid children on the indoor rock wall with 45 pounds of weight resistance
- Executes emergency action plans in event of an emergency which can include performing first aid functions and emergency care until the arrival of Emergency Medical Services
- Assists camp counselor staff as needed with activities and children
- Ensures daily camp activities stick to the schedule
- Must meet AZ State Licensing standards for facility director’s designee
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age, and be able to provide us with documentation of one of the following:
- Six months of child care experience (in a licensed facility) AND 1) A high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma OR 2) At least 12 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least six credit hours in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field
- Associate or bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; OR A.C., C.D.A., or C.C.P. credential
- Have an aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in this position.
- Knowledge of objectives and principles of administration of public recreation programs helpful.
Work location: Anthem Community Center – 41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
$14 per hour
ACC employees may use Anthem’s Community Center, aquatics park with heated pool and the community parks as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at reduced prices, and in some cases at no cost, with only a few exceptions. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to our Children’s Program Manager.
How to apply:
- Apply online
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
- US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
- Apply in person: Anthem Civic Building (address above)
Posting date: 3/12/2021 | Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled