independence day celebration details
July 3 | 6–10 p.m. (tentative; pending COVID-19 events protocol)
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
Celebrate Anthem's Independence Day Celebration with a fireworks display, fun rides and water slides, activities, and festival food! Families bring blankets and lawn chairs and sit back to enjoy the fun-filled event. Please note that fireworks launch under the oversight of the fire department and Fire Marshall, who are on-site for the event; any changes to the launch will be posted here and on our social media accounts.
- Food vendors & Rotary beer garden
- Water slides, rides and inflatables (fee-based)
- Fireworks finale (9:30 p.m.)
- Free admission and parking
- The Skate Park and Roller Hockey Rink at Community Park close at 2 p.m. The Hockey Rink will reopen at 6 p.m. as a special needs viewing area only.
- Foot bridge between Community Center and Community Park closes at 2 p.m. For your personal safety, please access Community Park by other means.
- The Community Center closes at 3 p.m. and all cars must be removed from parking lot by 4 p.m. (fallout zone for fireworks). Please make arrangements to pick children up from summer camp by 3 p.m.
- The Community Center Lap Pool, Diving Well and Big Splash Water Park close at 3 p.m.
- Pickleball Courts will close at 3 p.m. (fallout zone for fireworks)
- Areas surrounding the Community Center, including Soccer Fields #3 and #4, and foot bridge, are secured for the fireworks fallout zone. No access.
- Freedom Way from Anthem Way to Whitman Drive will be closed as early as 2 p.m., with no vehicle or pedestrian access (fallout zone for fireworks). Parents picking up children from camp at 3 p.m. will be the only exception.
know before you go
- Personal chairs, blankets, pop-up tents, coolers & other seating are prohibited on the grass in the Softball Field #4 (food court); covered seating is provided in this area. These items ARE allowed in other areas of the park, however.
- No personal fireworks are permitted in the park at any time.
- It's best to park off-site and walk to the event due to heavy traffic.
- It's best not to bring pets, as they are easily frightened by the crowds and fireworks.
- Overflow parking will be available in the Boulder Creek High School parking lot, a short walk from the park.
traffic control plan
- Community Park middle and lower parking lots will be closed all day, only allowing access to vendors and authorized personnel. It will reopen at 5 p.m. to the general public.
- The Traffic Control Plan affects many of the community’s major roadways and side streets, resulting in road restrictions, lane reductions and closures. The plan begins as early as 2 p.m.
- Freedom Way from Anthem Way to Whitman Drive will be closed as early as 2 p.m. Those picking up children from camp at the Community Center will have access until 3 p.m., but all other traffic will be one-way exiting the Community Center area only.
- Anthem Way and Gavilan Peak Parkway have road restrictions, lane reductions and left or right turn lanes blocked off. Bike lanes are closed with street parking permitted where designated.
- Memorial Drive, Independence Way, Venture Court and several other nearby streets have restrictions.
- The first gated exit in the Country Club community will be closed for a brief time when the fireworks conclude.