independence day celebration details
July 3 | 5:30–9:30 p.m.
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
It's Anthem's Independence Day Celebration with a fireworks display, fun rides and water slides, activities, and festival food! Families bring blankets and lawn chairs and sit back to enjoy the fun-filled event.
Please note that fireworks launch only with the final approval of the fire department; the controlled launch by professional pyrotechnicians also is under the direct oversight of the fire marshal. Any changes to the launch will be posted here and on our social media accounts.
2023 Title Sponsor
IDC Sponsor Packages 2023
Event Level Sponsors:
- Rotary Beer Garden and Food Vendors/Food Trucks to be announced!
- Slides, rides, and activities for all ages (fee-based, price to be announced); purchase ride wristbands ahead of time at the Civic Building or Community Center
- Music/dancing with DJ
- Roving entertainers (Stilt Walker/Juggler)
- Glitter tattoo station by Crossroads Church
- Fireworks finale (9 p.m.; weather & fire conditions permitting)
- Free admission and parking
- The Skate Park at Community Park closes at 2 p.m. The Skate Park will reopen at 6 p.m. as a special needs viewing area only.
- The footbridge between Community Center and Community Park closes at 2 p.m. For your personal safety, please access Community Park by other means.
- The Community Center closes at 2 p.m. and all cars must be removed from the parking lot before 3 p.m.; cars left will be towed at the owner's expense (the lot is the fallout zone for fireworks).
- The Community Center Lap Pool, Diving Well, and Big Splash Water Park close at 2 p.m.
- Pickleball Courts will close at 2 p.m. (fallout zone for fireworks)
- Areas surrounding the Community Center, including Soccer Fields #3 and #4, and the footbridge, are secured for the fireworks fallout zone. No access will be allowed past 3 p.m.
- Freedom Way from Anthem Way to Whitman Drive will be closed as early as 3 p.m., with no vehicle or pedestrian access (fallout zone for fireworks).
- The Anthem Dog Park will close at 8 p.m.
know before you go
- Personal chairs, blankets, pop-up tents, coolers & other seating are prohibited on the grass in the Softball Field #4 (food court); covered seating is provided in this area. These items ARE allowed in other areas of the park, however.
- Personal fireworks are PROHIBITED in the park at all times
- It's best to park off-site and walk to the event due to heavy traffic; overflow parking will be available in the Boulder Creek High School parking lot beginning at 5 p.m., a short walk from the park.
- It's best not to bring pets, as they are easily frightened by the crowds and fireworks.
traffic control plan
- Community Park middle and lower parking lots will be closed all day July 2 and 3, only allowing access to vendors and authorized personnel. They will reopen at 5 p.m. on July 3 to the general public for the event.
- The Traffic Control Plan affects many of the community’s major roadways and side streets, resulting in road restrictions, lane reductions and closures. The plan begins as early as 2 p.m.
- Freedom Way from Anthem Way to Whitman Drive will be closed as early as 2 p.m.
- Anthem Way and Gavilan Peak Parkway have road restrictions, lane reductions and left or right turn lanes blocked off. Bike lanes are closed with street parking permitted where designated.
- Memorial Drive, Independence Way, Venture Court and several other nearby streets have restrictions.
- The first gated exit in the Country Club community will be closed for a brief time when the fireworks conclude.