anthem veterans day ceremony
Veterans Day November 11
10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
41703 N. Gavilan Peak Parkway
This annual ceremony honors the service of all veterans and their families. The ceremony concludes at 11:11 a.m., in honor of the Armistice, with the solar illumination of the Great Seal of the United States through the ellipses of the five armed services pillars of the Anthem Veterans Memorial (weather permitting).
HONOR. SALUTE. SUPPORT.
The annual Veterans Day ceremony honors all veterans, active-duty men and women and their families.
8:15 A.M. – 11:15 A.M.
The public is invited to Honor, Salute and Support our veterans and their families at the Anthem Veterans Memorial Annual celebration and ceremony. The annual patriotic event for the entire family includes music and videos, charity assistance and more. The morning culminates with the sun’s rays passing through the five military branch pillars to form a perfect spotlight on The Great Seal of the United States.
8:15 – 10:00 a.m.
BREAKFAST. Tennessee Grill. ($)
SOUND AND SCREEN.
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Enjoy music and videos on the LED screens while supporting our Vietnam War era veterans and enjoying breakfast.
VIETNAM WAR ERA and SURVIVING SPOUSE PINNING.
9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
In partnership with the U.S. Vietnam War Commemoration and Daisy Mountain Veterans, Vietnam War era veterans surviving spouses are invited to be awarded the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Vietnam War pin. Era includes: November 1, 1955–May 15, 1995.
CHARITABLE EFFORTS. YOUTH FOR TROOPS TENT–South Lawn
8:15 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
- HELP DECORATE CARDS/BOXES to send to troops oversea. Family Fun.
- COLLECTION DRIVE: Assist Youth for Troops efforts to provide 800 holiday care packages for troops stationed overseas by donating small new puzzle and sudoku books, card games (UNO, Phase 10), full-size holiday cards, candy canes, lip balm. Help our troops by donating care package items.
- HELP DAISY MOUNTAIN VETERANS (DMV) HOLIDAY HELPERS: This DMV program provides holiday meals, stocking stuffers and presents for local children/families in need. Donate items for all ages this morning. Especially needed are stocking stuffers for teen girls and boys. Be a holiday helper and donate goods at the Veterans Day event. Email: Holidays@daisymtnvets.org for item list.
CEREMONY HIGHLGHTS–North/South Lawns
10:00 a.m.–11:15 a.m.
Ceremony Special Tributes:
- United States Coast Guard
- 50th Anniversary of the end of the Vietnam War
- 70th Anniversary of the armistice of the Korean War
- 50th Anniversary of US Naval Women Aviators.
The keynote address will be delivered by CWO Michael Tapp (USCG, Ret.) who served the Coast Guard for 27 years. See biography here.
At exactly 11:11 a.m., the sun’s rays will pass through the ellipses (circles) in each of the military branch pillars to cast a perfect solar spotlight on a glass mosaic of The Great Seal of the United States, surrounded by 5400 veteran commemorative pavers in the newly expanded Circle of Honor.
The morning is filled with new music and videos.
- Live music by the Musical Theatre of Anthem Outreach Group.
- Music/Videos provided in partnership with Operation Song.
- Photomontages by the students of Boulder Creek High School TV Media Production, under teacher Christy Johnson (US Army veteran), will accompany the music.
- S. Vietnam War Commemoration.
- Additional music by: Ralph McTell, Jimmy Flynn, Texas Tenors, and music/video by Buddy Brown.
DEDICATION OF DAR MARKER AS PART OF THE CEREMONY HIGHLIGHTS
The dedication of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) America 250 Patriots Marker into the Anthem Veterans Memorial will take place during the ceremony.
LED Screen with closed captions will be used to project the ceremony for easy visibility of speakers, music, and videos.
ADA seating sections. Seating is limited. We encourage guests to bring lawn blankets and chairs.
The parking lot adjacent to the AVM is restricted for ADA credentialed parking and security. Only ADA drop off permitted when lot full. Parking available off Anthem Way, soccer field parking south of AVM off Gavilan Peak, and the Community Center off Freedom Way.
SPONSORS TO DATE
Funded in part by the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services as made available through the Arizona Veterans Donation Fund and Dr. Anthony and Mrs. Shannon Gleckler.
Those who would like to volunteer their time and talents, become a sponsor, or donate to the event, please contact Elizabeth Turner at ElizabethTurnerUS@yahoo.com or 623-640-8417.
anthem veterans service awardThe Anthem Community Council (ACC) selects one outstanding individual or group to recognize their extraordinary service and selfless dedication in support of our nation’s veterans. The award is presented as part of the Anthem Veterans Day Ceremony. The public is invited to submit a nomination. Deadline for nominations is the first Friday in October.
videoLive Time of Solar Spotlight at 11:11 a.m. on Nov. 11, 2022
Time-lapse of the iconic 11:11 moment, filmed Nov. 11, 2015
electronic press kit (epk)Coming soon!