about the youth council
The purpose of the youth council is to provide Anthem youth with the opportunity to work with the ACC Board and staff to:
- Gain insight into how the community of Anthem is managed and how the ACC plans and executes community enhancement projects (Pickleball courts, dog park, skate park expansion, etc.)
- Learn and apply business skills such as team building, social media, strategic planning, project management, public speaking and data analytics/visualization.
- Help shape the future of your community!
Other areas of focus to include:
- Share ideas about youth issues, needs and community enhancements.
- Website building, management and social media strategy.
- Learn and use methods to conduct public outreach and utilization of data.
- Attend an Anthem school or participate in an accredited home school program;
- Must be in grades 9-12;
- Sign and adhere to the AYAC Code of Conduct; and
- Be in good standing with the community.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and/or events;
- Play an active role in planning, implementing and participating in AYAC events; and
- Serve for the full term of one (1) school year, with opportunity to stay for up to two (2) more, with advisor consent.
ayac social media