The Anthem Youth Advisory Council (AYAC) is hosting a vandalism poster contest to raise awareness in the community. The Anthem Community Council (ACC) spends thousands of dollars and countless man-hours to keep our community clean. This money, which comes directly from the families living in Anthem, could be used to improve the community, instead of spending the money on damages.
TO PARTICIPATE: You must be of school age (K-12) and you must include information from one or more of the following facts:
- Anthem residents paid approximately $25,000 for vandalism cleanup in 2016.
- Replacing a single shade canopy in an Anthem park costs $4,000.
- Vandalism crimes are punishable by fines, restitution, probation, and jail time for adults and minors.
- On average, vandalism takes place in Anthem parks 2 to 3 times per week.
- Spray painting, scratching mirrors or steel, lighting canopies on fire, driving through grass, and leaving fishing line around are all forms of vandalism.
Posters must be 8.5 x 11 inches. Your poster can be computer-generated or done by hand, such as drawing or painting. Remember to be creative; memes and hashtags are allowed! Posters must be family friendly. Posters containing inappropriate images and language, including profanity, will be disqualified.
The winner will have their poster featured in the ACC Resource Guide. More prizes will be revealed soon!
Posters can be dropped off at the Civic Building welcome desk (Civic Building: 3701 W Anthem Way, Anthem, AZ, 85086). Posters may also be submitted online using the form below.
By submitting a poster design, you are giving the AYAC permission to use your artwork. Posters must be submitted by Tuesday, April 11. Late posters will not be accepted. All entries must include permission slip below. Thank you for participating!