DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently seeking part time applicants to work as Sports Monitors for our Community Center. Responsibilities in this part-time, variable-hour position will include monitoring sports activities at the Community Center and community parks. Additional duties will include assisting the Sports Manager, organizing and directing both youth and adult recreation programs and refereeing.
The selected applicants will also supervise/coach a variety of games, contest instructional and other recreational activities. If selected you will maintain order during activities, enforce established rules, report any unsafe activity or conditions and may be required to assist in first aid.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with residents in a friendly and professional manner;
- Monitors and interacts with sport participants, coaches and adults to maintain a safe and healthy environment with respect to the sports equipment, fields and facilities;
- Communicates knowledge of the Sports Department activities and programs;
- Referees games while adhering to rules that apply to that specific sport;
- Promotes and sells activities, programs;
- Maintains a safe environment;
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are enforced;
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Manager on Duty;
- Attend all staff meetings as scheduled;
- Maintain accurate time card activity;
- Other duties as assigned by the Sports Manager.
- Education: A strong knowledge of sports, previous experience in a related position helpful but not required.
- Experience: Experience with children and /or adults in an organized program setting highly preferred.
- Must have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- Applicants must be available to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays! Early/late shifts may be required and days of the week (Monday – Sunday) will be scheduled based on the need of the Sports department Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center –41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices. Eligible staff may also participate in our 401K Plan.
This position reports directly to: Taylor Snell, Sports Manager
Please send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Human Resources at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Applications can be secured from the Anthem Community Council website: http://www.onlineatanthem.com/sites/default/files/anthem-employment-application.pdf
Posting date: 03/30/2017 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer