The following is a recap of the July Board meeting. The Village Board of Directors discussed or took action on the following items:
- Sentry Management sent a mailer, at the direction of the Board, with the updated resolution for guest parking passes and a request for resident vehicle information, instructions on how homeowners can register for Sentry’s CommunityPro Portal and a FAQ sheet.
- The asphalt sealcoating project was completed in August, and the pool heater was tuned up for the winter season.
- The Board discussed the addition of new designs and less costly security doors available from Home Depot, in addition to approved Steel Shield security doors. The new security door policy will be on the November Board meeting agenda.
- Updating gate receivers, gate remotes and key cards was discussed.
- The Board approved the 2017 Budget with no increase in assessment dues.
- There was discussion and approval on the replanting of the bullnose planters with Russian Sage and Slipper Plant, and removing the golden barrel cacti to a more suitable location. The approval also restarted the three-year process of replacing only dead and dying plants in the bullnose areas by the garages.
- The Board approved the expenditure of removing three diseased and dying trees – one mesquite and two palo verdes – and replacing the palo verdes with acacia trees.