Who We Are:
Anthem is the North Valley’s premier community to live, work and play. Our award-winning master planned community is home to almost 29,000 residents who enjoy a wide range of amenities, programs and services that are provided through the passionate efforts of a dedicated team of professionals. As a financially stable non-profit organization, our team is driven by the fundamental values of integrity, respect, friendly/quality service, initiative, teamwork and care/pride.
Maintenance Technicians perform a variety of important tasks to keep the ACC’s parks, facilities and equipment well maintained, safe and looking great. We are seeking individuals with trades, construction and/or “fix-it” experience who hold themselves to high standards, want to apply and expand their skills in a positive team-oriented environment, and want to join a talented and versatile team of professionals who take pride in all that they do.
Essential Duties (partial listing):
- Prepares and configures sports fields for scheduled events using line painters and other equipment to ensure safe and high quality fields;
- Open/closes parks and playgrounds at designated times;
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and power equipment using proper lock out/tag out procedures;
- Performs repairs on structures such as stucco, plaster, painting and small block repair;
- Performs minor renovation work involving plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry and painting;
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on company vehicles, tractors and utility carts;
- Repairs basic plumbing fixtures such as drains, faucets, showerheads, piping and landscaping irrigation components;
- Diagnoses/repairs lake pumps, entry falls and splash pad pumps;
- Performs spot custodial duties to ensure cleanliness of park facilities, as needed;
- Performs routine painting;
- Provides support in setting up and breaking down special events;
- Adheres to all applicable OSHA standards;
- Ensures a clean and organized work environment;
- Maintains accurate record of work performed using the Facility Dude work order system;
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position;
- Other duties as assigned by Parks & Facilities Maintenance Supervisor or Director.
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; additional work related training is desirable;
- Experience: A minimum of two years of related trades, construction, and/or maintenance experience; valid driver license and clean driving record; experience operating a wide variety of maintenance and construction tools, equipment and vehicles is a plus; general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry work and maintenance activities is helpful.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts and days of the week, including some holidays; early/late shifts may be required; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Parks & Facilities Maintenance department. Efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week subject to work load and activity levels.
- A strong work ethic, a friendly/team oriented work style, excellent communication and problem solving skills, good judgment and the ability to multi-task are necessary to succeed in this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required; other maintenance or recreation based certifications such as Certified Pool Operator and Certified Playground Safety Inspector would be ideal, but not required.
- Adherence to ACC policies, procedures, and established employee values—“The Anthem Way.”
Compensation and Benefits:
These positions receive competitive pay with the opportunity for performance based pay increases, Community Center membership and wellness program discounts, and may participate in a 401(k) with company match.
This position report to: Merv Corbitt, Parks and Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Send your cover letter with pay requirements and application to Human Resources at:
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Posting date: 12/21/2016 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Posted 12/21/2016; this position remains open until filled