Who We Are:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected applicant(s) will maintain a fun, safe and supervised atmosphere for children through structured and unstructured activities. Lead counselors will be the first point of contact for assisting camp counselors, children, and parents. ACC employees must be willing to follow the Anthem Way, a statement of our values.
- Assist camp counselor staff as needed with activities and children.
- Ensure daily camp activities stick to the schedule.
- Drive to and from fieldtrip locations following all licensing guidelines.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Assists in providing structured activities for children in program of focus.
- Must meet AZ State Licensing standards for facility director’s designee.
- Ensures that state licensing policies and procedures are enforced and followed.
- Keep accurate attendance records.
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager.
- Interact in a professional manner with employees, participants and their parent(s) and/or guardians.
- Maintain the cleanliness and accurate inventory of all applicable areas.
- Attend all Child Development staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A minimum of High School completed or equivalent.
- Experience: 6 months experience with children in an organized program setting required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, and have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in this position.
- Preferred: CPR & First Aid certifications (current), Arizona Fingerprint clearance card, AZ Food Handlers Card, a health care provider’s signed statement saying employee is free from TB, dated w/in 6 months of start date.
- Must be available to work part time shifts between the hours 6:30am-6:00pm Monday-Friday.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center –41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to: Brienne McDowell, Program Manager
Please send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Sheryl Brown, HR Manager, at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Center
Applications can be secured from the Anthem Community Council website: http://www.onlineatanthem.com/sites/default/files/anthem-employment-application.pdf
Posting date: 01/16/2015 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer.