Who We Are:
Anthem is the North Valley’s premier community to live, work and play. Our award-winning master planned community is home to nearly 29,000 residents who enjoy a wide range of amenities, programs and services that are provided through a team of dedicated professionals. As a financially stable non-profit organization, our team is driven by the fundamental values of respect, integrity, accountability, professionalism, creativity, collaboration, transparency and outstanding service. As a sensitive, work-life balance employer, we are a culturally progressive organization that values diversity and emphasizes empowerment and initiative in our team members. Browse our website to learn about the Anthem Community Council (ACC) and our outstanding Community Center facilities, programs and services.
This critical management position will report to the Community Center Director and oversee physical plant and facility operations and improvements, service contracts, facility use agreements, technology implementation, process improvements and special projects at the Anthem Community Center complex, which includes a 43,000 square foot main building with gymnasium, fitness areas/equipment, multi-purpose rooms, rock wall, locker rooms, child care area and administrative offices; outside aquatics park with lap pool, dive well, water park, lifeguard building and pump house; exterior play areas and tennis courts. The Community Center Operations Manager may also assist the ACC’s Facilities Maintenance Director with facilities projects at other locations, such as the Community Park and Anthem Civic Building.
- Serves as the “go to” manager for maintenance, repairs and planned improvements to all Community Center physical plant and facility areas;
- Supervises two full time aquatic technicians to ensure efficient, safe and compliant aquatics operations, and approve recommended equipment repairs and replacements;
- Supervises part-time custodial employee and manages the custodial services contract to ensure that the facilities are clean, presentable and well stocked;
- Works in close cooperation with the Facilities Maintenance Director to coordinate projects to promote efficient and effective use of resources;
- Serves as Community Center “Manager on Duty” (MOD) on a rotational basis and supports other department managers and programs, as requested;
- Works to ensure departmental and organizational goals and objectives are fulfilled;
- Prepares reports for management and the Board of Directors; attends monthly Board meetings on an as needed basis.
- Interfaces in a professional and constructive manner with the Community Center management team, department members, senior management, contactors, vendors, residents and customers;
- Serves in a lead or key support role to implement software and technology improvements in conjunction with the Director, CFO and other project team members;
- Manages facility use agreements and related invoices and administrative work, including contracts with sports organizations to use athletic fields;
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares budgets for relevant programs in conjunction with the Director;
- Approves, reconciles and submits for payment all invoicing with regard to areas of responsibility;
- Manages and maintains documentation for the Community Center facilities including warranty work, department invoices and vendor bids;
- Organizes Go Green recycling/hazardous waste semi-annual event;
- Sets performance goals, holds staff and contractors accountable for achieving desired results;
- Consults with the Director and Human Resources on personnel matters;
- Facilitates internal safety meetings, drills and continuous improvements to promote safety;
- Performs work of those supervised as necessary;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
- A minimum of three (3) years of responsible management experience in a community center, athletic club, university athletic center or similar setting involving facility operations and/or recreation services;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Recreation Administration, other related field, or equivalent experience;
- Some level of continuing education, training and certifications in facilities operations/management, aquatics facility operations, supervision, project management, recreation, or related functions is highly desirable;
- A proven track record of achieving timely and positive results in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment;
- A team player with strong initiative, ethics and personal integrity;
- Working knowledge of business technology tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint;
- CPR, AED & first aid certified or obtainable within 90 days of employment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Highly subsidized medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) with company match
- Community Center membership for employee/immediate family and wellness program discounts
Qualified candidates are invited to send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to:
The Anthem Community Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Posted 12/19/2016; this position remains open until filled