Who We Are:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently seeking Variable Hour Staff for our summer camp program. The camp counselor staff will supervise and lead recreational/educational activities to children ages 5 through 12. Children participate in daily activities such as arts & crafts, swimming, Rockwall climbing, gym games, and outdoor games.
- Maintains a safe environment for children placed in his/her care.
- Assists in providing structured activities for children in program of focus.
- Ensures that state licensing policies and procedures are enforced and followed.
- Keep accurate attendance records.
- Keep accurate Incident reports and report them immediately to the Program Manager.
- Interact in a professional manner with employees, participants and their parent(s) and/or guardians.
- Maintain the cleanliness and accurate inventory of all applicable areas.
- Attend all Child Development staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate time card activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A minimum of High School completed or equivalent.
- Experience: Experience with children in an organized program setting highly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have aptitude for detail, highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills are also required in for this position.
- Preferred: CPR & First Aid certifications (current), Arizona Fingerprint clearance card, AZ Food Handlers Card, a health care provider’s signed statement saying employee is free from TB, dated w/in 6 months of start date.
- Must be available to work part time hours between the hours of 7:00AM - 6:00PM Monday through Friday.
- Work location– Anthem Community Center –41130 N. Freedom Way, Anthem.
ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to: Brienne McDowell, Program Manager
Please send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Sheryl Brown,HR Manager, at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Center
Applications can be secured from the Anthem Community Council website: http://www.onlineatanthem.com/sites/default/files/anthem-employment-application.pdf
Posting date: 2/1/2016 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer