This program complements the ACC Board’s economic development initiative by recognizing efforts of local businesses to support the vibrancy of Anthem, and encouraging future reinvestments within the community.
- Excellence in Community Service
- Commercial Property Improvements
- Business Person of the Year
- Excellence in Community Service (ACC): Recognizes commercial/non-residential business and property owners and/or tenants (can be assessment paying home-based business) who have demonstrated outstanding volunteerism and contributions, and whose civic and community service goes beyond “normal” responsibilities that sets an example for commitment to public service and positively impacts the community to generate outcomes that have a long-term benefit for Anthem and/or the broader community-at-large.
- Commercial Property Improvements (ACC): Recognizes commercial business and property owners (cannot be home-based), tenants and/or property management firms who have made an investment in the Anthem community by making significant improvements to their individual commercial properties which have, in turn, improved and upgraded appearance of the area, and continue to make a positive impact on their neighbors in the business community. Properties are judged based on overall appearance and condition, as well as landscape design and maintenance, as applicable.
- Business Person of the Year (Chamber): The Anthem Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors selects a Business Person of the Year, based on community involvement, innovation, integrity and business accomplishments.
All nominees must:
- Be Anthem (east, west, Arroyo Grande) assessment-paying, non-residential property owner or management firm, tenant or home-based businesses;
- Be in good standing with the ACC and applicable HOA (if home-based), with no outstanding fees, assessment or code violations;
- Have implemented improvements between Nov. 1, 2015 to present (if nominating for the Commercial Property Improvements Award).
- Be an Anthem Area Chamber of Commerce member (for Business Person of the Year category only).
A team of judges will review all nomination forms and select one recipient for the Excellence in Community Service Award and one for the Commercial Property Improvements Award. The Review Committee may perform “on-site” reviews in order to determine finalists. The judges reserve the right to confirm information provided, or request additional information to assist them in making their final decision (judges’ decision is final). The ACC reserves the right to recognize eligible entities in either “for profit” or “non-profit” categories. The Chamber Board will select the Business Person of the Year.
- Excellence in Community Service: Desert Lotus Boutique & Gifts (2016), D.L. Jones & Associates Real Estate (2015), Musical Theater of Anthem (2014), Andrew Z Jewelers (2013), Justin Simons Real Estate (2012)
- Commercial Property Improvements: Caurus Academy (2016), Hair·N·Dipity Salon & Spa and FPI Studios (2015), Rhapsody School of Music (2014), Creative Castle Preschool (2013)
- Business Person of the Year: Justin Simons of Justin Simons State Farm (2016), Dennis Jones of D.L. Jones & Associates Real Estate (2015), Mike Spinelli of Mike Spinelli Photography (2014)
The 2017 nomination process will open in the fall of 2017.
Download a nomination form or nominate a business online.
Download a nomination form for Business Person of the Year (Chamber member).