DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently seeking applicants to become Anthem’s newest Aquatics Technician. The primary focus of this full-time, safety sensitive position is maintaining the Community Center pool and water park in the highest standards, meeting or exceeding the needs and expectations of the staff, residents and guests of the Anthem community.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with staff and residents in a friendly and professional manner;
- Performing regular preventative and corrective equipment repairs;
- Maintain chemical balances, water level circulation and accurate record keeping including chemical application, testing results, and use / inventory of pool supplies;
- All work must be performed in a safe manner following all established safety procedures, adherence to OSHA standards, ACC policies, and maintaining a clean, organized work environment;
- Additional duties will include janitorial duties, keeping the pump house clean and organized, inspecting chemical feeders, filters, pumps, motors, valves and heaters;
- Providing support to ACC Staff (as directed) in the set up and break down of special events or activities;
- Other maintenance and repair related duties as assigned by the Aquatics Manager, Community Center Director or Assistant Director.
- Education: Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of High School diploma or equivalent AND possess a current CPO (Certified Pool Operator).
- Experience: A minimum of two years pool maintenance experience; valid driver license and clean driving record required.
- Attention to detail and a desire to succeed in a team environment are essential in this fast paced position.
- Selected applicant must be available to work various shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays; early/late shifts may be required, days of the week (Monday – Sunday) may vary; shifts will be scheduled based on the needs of the Community Center; efforts will be made to assign a consistent schedule week to week, subject to workload and activity levels.
- Highly effective interpersonal and problem solving skills. Excellent communication skills and ability to multi task are necessary to succeed in this position.
- CPR & First Aid certifications are helpful, but not required.
- We consider good attendance to be an essential function of all positions.
- Adherence to ACC policies, procedures and Anthem Way values.
A Benefits package with insurance coverage, paid time off and a 401(k) plan is available to eligible full time employees. ACC employees may use Anthem’s comprehensive Community Center, tennis courts, Aquatics Park with heated pool and Community Park as a health and wellness benefit. Staff may also sign up for a variety of fitness classes and activities at resident prices.
This position reports directly to: Kevin Shaffer, Community Center Director
Please send your cover letter, detailed resume and application to Human Resources at:
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 623-742-6170
US Mail: 3701 W. Anthem Way, Suite #201 Anthem, AZ 85086
Or apply in person at the Anthem Community Council Office
Applications can be secured from the Anthem Community Council website: onlineatanthem.com/sites/default/files/anthem-employment-application.pdf
Posting date: 04/19/2017 Posting expires: Upon Selection
The ACC is an EOE Employer