about the youth council
The purpose of the youth council is to provide Anthem youth with the opportunity to work with the ACC Board and staff to:
- Raise awareness about the ACC, its mission and proposals among Anthem youth.
- Develop leadership and operational skills and contribute to the future development and enhancement of Anthem.
Other areas of focus could include:
- Learn about how local government works and how community services are provided.
- Share ideas about youth issues, needs and community enhancements.
- Develop, operate and market an Anthem Youth Mentoring program.
- Must be an Anthem resident;
- Attend a school or participate in an accredited home school program;
- Between the ages of 12-18 yrs. (grades 7-12);
- Sign and adhere to the AYAC Code of Conduct; and
- Be in good standing with the community.
There are thirteen (13) seats on the youth council year term. Members can serve a maximum of two consecutive terms.
The application process for the 2017-2018 has closed and council members have been selected and appointed. Recruitment for the 2018-2019 term will begin in the spring of 2018.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and/or events;
- Play an active role in planning, implementing and participating in AYAC events; and
- Serve for the full term of one (1) school year.