The Utilities Panel is an independent group of volunteer residents operating under the overall direction of the ACC Board of Directors. The scope of the Utilities Panel activities includes the public utilities serving the Anthem community – water, wastewater, electric and natural gas.
The objectives of the Utilities Panel are the following:
- Work closely with Anthem Community Council CEO and staff to proactively study, recommend and (upon approval by the Board) implement positions, policies, and actions deemed necessary to ensure and/or improve the quality, availability, and cost of public utilities for the residents and property owners of Anthem;
- To the extent practical, identify and develop staff and/or resident(s) with appropriate capabilities to assume a lead role in representing the Anthem community in public utility-related legislative matters and regulatory proceedings;
- Support/encourage water and energy conservation programs in the Anthem community; and
- Facilitate improvements in utility company customer service to Anthem community.
The Utilities Panel will be responsible for the following activities:
- Establish relationships and conduct periodic meetings with public utility providers serving Anthem (EPCOR USA, Arizona Public Service, Southwest Gas, City of Phoenix); Regulatory agencies (RUCO, AzCC); Elected representatives, public officials and candidates for public offices; and
- Address key public utility issues proactively (where appropriate, jointly with public officials, legislators, other utility customers and/or utility companies).
Utilities Panel Charter (Part 5, Section 3)